The par 71 course at Dubai Creek that measures 6,967 yards is a memorable journey from the first tee to the 18th green. The superbly manicured fairways are undulating, demarcated by mounds, date and palm trees, and most other times by water. Apart from the Creek, which comes into play on at least four holes, several artificial lakes add to the beauty and difficulty of various other holes. The presence of multiple tees ensures that golfers of all calibers enjoy their day out at the course. While length of the tee helps, the premium is certainly on accuracy, especially with the approach shots as most of the greens are multi-tiered with subtle borrows.
The Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club course sets up for a thrilling finale to a round with its two par 4 closing holes. The 17th and 18th have the Creek guarding the entire left side of the fairway. While the 17th can still be conquered with some smart play, the 18th requires mandatory cerebral involvement on every shot. There is water on the left and a long bunker on the right, beyond which is water again. A good drive will still leave you with a long iron into the tiered and sloping green, which is guarded at the front and right by a body of water. The majestic Clubhouse – its design mirroring the sails of the traditional Arab dhow – has been one of the most photographed landmarks since it opened in 1993, capturing the essence of Dubai’s seafaring traditions and presenting the perfect fusion of heritage with modernity and style.
Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club, Dubai
Date of Event : TBA
Players : 64
Re-Kindling the Passion for Sports and Humanity
The region’s only Corporate Golfing and Networking Event
“It has become appealingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity”- Albert Einstein.
GEC is all set to put to rest the fears of Einstein. As a leading media& corporate events house we root ourselves to the belief that, we bind the industry together, every day. Whatever we do is a collective and connective initiative towards the betterment of our industry, humanity and society at large because at the end of each business day, we retire as human beings and every morning we wake up to do something special that makes us feel human while being human.
Register & GEC Involved !
At GEC, we aim to conduct business in a socially responsible manner,all the while making a conscious effort to connect to different vertical of business , enterprises and the channel fraternity not just for business and networking but also for the greater good of the humanity at large. We believe that irrespective of the size and scale, sustained efforts have the power to bring a positive change in the world; and we shall be persistent in our endeavour to help the needy, inspire the ones falling short of motivation and spread smiles far and wide. Get Involved & get Register now !!
In order to represent their company and country at the Grand World Final, which takes place in Dubai Creek , UAE from 6th – 7th December 2017, the qualified top three players must win the UAE Final
- The competition is open to companies/teams in the UAE.
- The competition is a 1 day 18 holes tournament.
- It’s a individual Stableford system for amateur players (min. age 18) each having a index handicap between 0 and 24.
- Players will play using ¾ of their Index Handicap (Not Course Handicap)
- The player must be a senior employee with a company colleague or invited guest such as business associates, clients, suppliers, etc…
- Players are not allowed to chose playing partners over the course of the tournament.
- There is no participation limit. Companies are allowed to enter more than 1 player in the competition.
- The competition is a combined stableford over 18 Holes.
- The winner will be decided by taking the combined total of the Stableford nett scores of each player.
- On course prizes will be provided on completion of the round.
- The top three Nett players from the UAE final will qualify for the Grand World Final.
- The value of prizes will not exceed the limit fixed for players of amateur status.
- The organisers reserve the right to modify the rules of the competition at any time.
- All entrance fees are non-refundable
- The Organisers reserve the right to change details described in the event literature, and cannot be held responsible for any liability caused by inclement weather.
Contact InfoMiddle East & Africa
United Arab Emirates
P: 971 4368 8523