The planning, designing and construction of Celebrity Golf Course began in 1986. The front 9 holes were completed first and by 1988, the back 9 holes were completed. Celebrity Golf Club was officially inaugurated in March 1989.This is an 18 hole golf course with greens and approximately 20,000 species of trees.
The tee box of hole (1) one is close to the main entrance to the grounds with hole 13 overlooking the lagoon, a view so solemn, picturesque and surrealistic. This area is approximately 97.3 acres. There is also a Clubhouse within an area of about 2.1 acres, which is near the golf course with full changing and toilet facilities, a Pro Shop, car park, bar and mini restaurant and grill.
As the Club falls within the ‘Ramsar Site’, a protected area where different types of birds gather from various parts of the world, it is a joy to see a wide range of migrating birds on seasonal trek to the tropical sun rain forest using this lowland as nesting grounds.
Celebrity Golf Club is located north of Sakumono Village, Community Fourteen, near Tema Township (it is within the Tema West District). From Accra, it is approached through the Sakumono Estates (i.e. either from the main Teshie/Nungua Road, Accra Tema Motorway [Abattoir turning] or the Spintex Road) and coming from Tema, it can also be approached via the Beach Road, entering the Sakumono Village just after the Sakumono Lagoon. Take a positive step in the right direction to the Golf Club that has no inordinate pretentions but can make you feel like a Celebrity.
Celebrity Golf Club & Holiday Resort (Tema, Ghana), Accra
Date of Event : 26th August 2017
Players : 72
Re-Kindling the Passion for Sports and Humanity
The region’s only Charity Corporate Golfing and Networking Event
“It has become appealingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity”- Albert Einstein.
GEC is all set to put to rest the fears of Einstein. As a leading media& corporate events house we root ourselves to the belief that, we bind the industry together, every day. Whatever we do is a collective and connective initiative towards the betterment of our industry, humanity and society at large because at the end of each business day, we retire as human beings and every morning we wake up to do something special that makes us feel human while being human.
Register & GEC Involved !
At GEC, we aim to conduct business in a socially responsible manner,all the while making a conscious effort to connect to different vertical of business , enterprises and the channel fraternity not just for business and networking but also for the greater good of the humanity at large. We believe that irrespective of the size and scale, sustained efforts have the power to bring a positive change in the world; and we shall be persistent in our endeavour to help the needy, inspire the ones falling short of motivation and spread smiles far and wide. Get Involved & get Register now !!
In order to represent their company and country at the Dubai Corporate Golf World Cup Grad Final – 2017, which schedule in recently open fantastic world-class, the Championship-style Dubai’s most luxurious golf course, Trump International & World’s one of the top 100 and UAE’s best Majlis – Emirates Golf course UAE on 13th December & 14th December 2017, the qualified top three players must win the Ghana Final
- The competition is open to companies/teams in the Ghana.
- The competition is a 1 day 18 holes tournament.
- It’s a individual Stableford system for amateur players (min. age 18) each having a index handicap between 0 and 24.
- Players will play using ¾ of their Index Handicap (Not Course Handicap)
- The player must be a senior employee with a company colleague or invited guest such as business associates, clients, suppliers, etc…
- Players are not allowed to chose playing partners over the course of the tournament.
- There is no participation limit. Companies are allowed to enter more than 1 player in the competition.
- The competition is a combined stableford over 18 Holes.
- The winner will be decided by taking the combined total of the Stableford nett scores of each player.
- On course prizes will be provided on completion of the round.
- The top three Nett players from the Ghana final will qualify for the Grand World Final.
- The value of prizes will not exceed the limit fixed for players of amateur status.
- The organisers reserve the right to modify the rules of the competition at any time.
- All entrance fees are non-refundable
- The Organisers reserve the right to change details described in the event literature, and cannot be held responsible for any liability caused by inclement weather.
Contact InfoMiddle East & Africa
United Arab Emirates
P: 971 4368 8523