Located in the heart of the city opposite the race course and close to the Haji Ali circle the Willingdon Sports Club is one of the old British-era clubs. It was built in 1933 by Lord Willingdon the then Governor of Bombay. As the narrative goes the good Lord was refused permission to take an Indian Maharaja with him to the Bombay Gymkhana which at that time only allowed whites. He then decided to start a club that would be open to both Indians & Europeans.
Today the club boasts of an 18 hole golf course plus a pool, 6 tennis courts, squash & badminton facilities and a health club. Located adjacent to the race course it is very centrally located. With a mature tree cover, the course is an oasis of green surrounded by tall skyscrapers & the contrast is sometimes jarring.
The course was till recently a 15 hole course & in 2011 added another 3 holes to become an 18 hole layout. While it is a very short course at only about 4500 yards it has its own set of challenges. Tight fairways, hazards galore & fast greens. The course boasts of the highest number of grass bunkers of any course in the country & a lot of visiting golfers are often at their wits ends when playing out of them. With only one Par 5 hole it might seem like a cakewalk for the pro’s, but play a round here & you will be surprised with how challenging the course can be.
Willingdon Sports Club
Date of Event : 12th November 2017
Players : 100
Re-Kindling the Passion for Sports and Humanity
The region’s only Charity Corporate Golfing and Networking Event
“It has become appealingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity”- Albert Einstein.
GEC is all set to put to rest the fears of Einstein. As a leading media& corporate events house we root ourselves to the belief that, we bind the industry together, every day. Whatever we do is a collective and connective initiative towards the betterment of our industry, humanity and society at large because at the end of each business day, we retire as human beings and every morning we wake up to do something special that makes us feel human while being human.
Register & GEC Involved !
At GEC, we aim to conduct business in a socially responsible manner,all the while making a conscious effort to connect to different vertical of business , enterprises and the channel fraternity not just for business and networking but also for the greater good of the humanity at large. We believe that irrespective of the size and scale, sustained efforts have the power to bring a positive change in the world; and we shall be persistent in our endeavour to help the needy, inspire the ones falling short of motivation and spread smiles far and wide. Get Involved & get Register now !!
In order to represent their company and country at the Dubai Corporate Golf World Cup Grad Final – 2017, which schedule in recently open fantastic world-class, the Championship-style Dubai’s most luxurious golf course, Trump International & World’s one of the top 100 and UAE’s best Majlis – Emirates Golf course UAE on 13th December & 14th December 2017, the qualified top three players must win the Mumbai Final
- The competition is open to companies/teams in the Mumbai.
- The competition is a 1 day 18 holes tournament.
- It’s a individual Stableford system for amateur players (min. age 18) each having a index handicap between 0 and 24.
- Players will play using ¾ of their Index Handicap (Not Course Handicap)
- The player must be a senior employee with a company colleague or invited guest such as business associates, clients, suppliers, etc…
- Players are not allowed to chose playing partners over the course of the tournament.
- There is no participation limit. Companies are allowed to enter more than 1 player in the competition.
- The competition is a combined stableford over 18 Holes.
- The winner will be decided by taking the combined total of the Stableford nett scores of each player.
- On course prizes will be provided on completion of the round.
- The top three Nett players from the Mumbai final will qualify for the Grand World Final.
- The value of prizes will not exceed the limit fixed for players of amateur status.
- The organisers reserve the right to modify the rules of the competition at any time.
- All entrance fees are non-refundable
- The Organisers reserve the right to change details described in the event literature, and cannot be held responsible for any liability caused by inclement weather.
PARTNERS IN THE JOURNEY
In Association with
Host Venue Partner
India and South East Asia Office
Conquest Infomedia Pvt. Ltd.
207, Tower No. 3, Saraswati Block, D-6
Vasant Kunj New Delhi – 110070
PO Box : 500653, Dubai UAE
223, Building 9, Dubai Media City, Dubai UAE